How to care for your new Blooms!
How to look after your beautiful New Bouquet!
So you want to keep your new blooms beautiful and ensure that they have optimum vase life, follow the tips below to help your bouquet stay vibrant & beautiful for days to come!
- First things first! If your flowers came in plastic, remove this as soon as possible.
- Keep fresh flowers away from drafts and extreme temperatures, as this can quickly dry out the flowers and cause wilting.
- Do not place your arrangement near fruit or in the path of cigarette smoke. The ethylene gas is detrimental to many flower types.
- Avoid placing flower arrangements on windowsills and other areas with full sun where flowers can wilt due to overexposure.
- Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions.
- Keep your vase filled with water! All flower and foliage stems should be submerged. Flowers stay fresher, longer when they can get a drink!
- If your flowers came in a basket or other container with foam, add fresh water every day.
- Watch your water. When it gets cloudy it’s time to change it out. Try and change the water every 1-2 days and add in any flower preservative that your florist has provided.
- For best results, cut stems with a sharp knife at an angle about one to two inches from the bottom. This allows them to better absorb water.
Following all these will ensure your get the best vase life for your flowers